Medici: Godfathers of the Renaissance Viewing Questions
1) Why is the Duomo (Dome) in Florence so significant?
2) What does Brunelleschi create in order to “unlock the secrets” of the Duomo?
(There are multiple things…)
3) How does the Albizzi family remove Cosimo from Florence?
a. Why does this backfire on them?
4) Why is Cosimo even more powerful than before when he returns to Florence?5) What are some features that make Donatello's David sculpture so important?
6) In what ways does the Medici family encourage the arts, and act as patrons of the arts?7) What steps did the Medici family use to rise from poverty and insignificance to become the most powerful family in Florence?
8) Why were art and architecture important to the rise of the Medici family?9) What potential problems do you foresee for the Medici family? Why?